Valentines Day
DATE: Saturday, 15 February 2014 TIME: 14:28
So valentines was yesterday, and as usual we didnt plan anything, which I'm totally cool with!!!! Because I hate crowds and I hate paying for overpriced stuff - *shakes fist* I refused to get scammed, so wasteful!!!
That doesn't mean I don't like to celebrate v-day la, I just don't see the practicality in 'celebrating' it.
BUT, I'm quite upset that I didn't get to experience those high-school-drama-style V-day. You know how back in secondary school, they would have these V-day booths where you can buy roses/chocolates etc to deliver to people. WHY I NEVER GET ANYTHING (that isn't from a friend)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that I remember other people getting 'secret admirer' gifts either, because I think AHS is super boring like that ugh; no 'wild' stories/underagedclubbing etc, I think the wildest story I heard was that some gang came up to school to fight with some dude. I digressed, but the v-day culture in AHS was actually quite boring because only couples sent to couples and friends sent to friends. Why were the guys not daring enough to send gifts?!?!
Although i do think i generally attracted the ball-less type of guys sigh. Gone are those days I would never get to experience again sobz.
I'm sure every girl would have been super happy to get something (from other than their friends) on v-day, guys shouldn't be so shy!!!
But I wasn't bitter or upset or anything la, the most was that I was envious of other girls who had like 5 billion chocolates from their friends whilst I had a tiny pile BECAUSE I HAZ LITTLE FRIENDS lololol. I blame softball for only having 7 people in our year. UGs had like 5 million people to send to each other >:(
Still, it was super nice to give & receive presents to/from your friends/classmates
♥♥♥, all the bite sized chocolates or lollipops etc. I think one year PSY brought packets of greentea to school to give to the entire class HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHA wtf damn funny actually, but we were all damned touched lolol.
Actually I did give out chocolates to my class (and some other friends I wanted to give to, although I didn't dare to give them in the end) in poly too!! But nobody else did anything so I gave up the following year trololol.
/
I do think Valentines is more of a single-person day to profess/confess their love to someone else rather than a couples day (too exp) because at least you'd have an excuse or reason to motivate yourself to gather up courage to ask your crush out, or least do something to show your romantic interest.
Hahahhahahahaha but actually even if I DID get anything on v-day then, I would be fucking shy x98239018290381029381092, and if I actually DID know who sent it, I would be fucking awkward x91823091823091823091823908129371293 if I were to see that person because I was/am a super awkward kind of person x_x. SIGHPIE.
Labels: musings